NYX COSMETICS FACE AWARDS CONTEST 2012 UPDATE

So I just found out I didn't advance to the next round of the NYX Face Awards Contest. I'm kinda bummed, but extremely grateful. If you don't know, I was the one with the LEAST amount of subscribers, since I've really only been making youtube videos for such a short while.  I knew the rules had stated that the contest would eventually be based on votes, and just the mere statistics of it, made it very clear to me early on, that I would get SMOKED in this competition! (haha) My fellow contestants had or shall I say "has".. tens, of thousands, even close to two hundred thousand subscribers just on their youtube channels alone, and that doesn't include the other social networks like facebook, and twitter....etc.

I would've hoped this would be based on talent, but I know it's all a numbers game,  and it would make absolute sense to me, if I was the owner of a cosmetics line; that utilizing these gurus of youtube, putting on a contest, and promoting their products; eventually I would have to give the prize away to the one who can REACH THE MOST! After all, this was "THE BEAUTY VLOGGER OF THE YEAR CONTEST" and that I most certainly am not.  I must learn the art of vlogging, or blogging, what ever you call it...lol....using all social networks like twitter etc....

I am grateful that they saw a talent in me, and my little YOUTUBE channel of 115 subscribers (lol that's what it was at the time). This has pushed me to learn, and to get BETTER at what I do.

so....watch out peeps.....I'm not outta the game yet :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlohaGlamArt/videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Hawaiian enough?

Blazing Eyes!! Hot Fire Face Paint Makeup!!

Really Quick Spider Mask Face Paint Tutorial